In our first episode, Felix dives into the disco haven of Loft parties started by David Mancuso in 1970’s New York City.
1. You can find out more about author Tim Lawrence’s books, including the seminal Love Saves The Day – A History of American Dance Music Culture (1970-1979) at his website.
2. It all stems from a festival that all started with a book, The Rest Is Noise by Alex Ross.
3. Interview with Nicky Siano on The Gallery, Larry Levan and Life After Music | Red Bull Music Academy
4. Paris is Burning is now on your watchlist.
5. The allusive documentary Love Is The Message.
6. London parties inspired / originally hosted by David Mancuso, continued by Tim Lawrence and the Lucky Cloud Sound System. See you on the dancefloor!